AMV-2023 PRIVACY AND DATA SECURITY POLICY
Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”) is prepared for the registered participants and/or stakeholders of Asia Pacific Conference on Mosquito and Vector Control (AMV)-2023 (AMV-2023). It is formulated by the Department of Entomology, Faculty of Agriculture, Kasetsart University. The purpose of this policy is to inform you, as a data subject, of the objectives and details for collection, use and / or disclosure of your personal data, including your legal rights.
Department of Entomology, Faculty of Agriculture, Kasetsart University has organized Asia-Pacific Conference on Mosquito and Vector Control (AMV) with the theme “Reimagining Vector Control: Innovations for our changed world”. This conference is organized in collaboration with the Department of Disease Control of Thailand and Thailand Pest Management Association. AMV 2023 has set up an online system to facilitate registration and transactions related to the conference.
Types of Personal Data that AMV 2023 collects.
1. Personal Data Protection Act: PDPA
1.1 AMV-2023 recognizes the importance of your personal data and other data relating to you, AMV-2023is committed to protecting the integrity of your personal data and privacy. AMV-2023 collects, uses, discloses, or transfers your personal data with transparency and accountability in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act, B.E. 2562.
2. Why AMV-2023 needs to collect your Personal Data
2.1 AMV-2023 committee is required to collect personal data, for personal verification and financial processing.
3. The mandatory personal data AMV 2023 collects are:
1. Title, first name(s), surname(s)
2. Nationality and country
5. Job position
6. Contact number (mobile)
8. Postal work and/or private address:
10. Short biography and profile picture- We ask mandatory items in your AMV 2023 account creation portal for information about your ‘Short biography”. This information will be used in creating the Program Book, promoting sessions and speakers on the website and social media, and other relevant activities.
3.1 The data sources and items of personal information collected are as follows:
|Sources and data collection methods||personal data AMV 2023 collects|
|1. We will collect the data through registration on the website.||
– Title, first name(s), surname(s)
– Nationality and country
– Job position
– Contact number (mobile)
– Postal work and/or private address:
4. Use or disclosure of personal data
4.1 AMV 2023 will disclose your personal information to the committee for verification.
5. Rights of the Data subject
In accordance with the PDPA, you have the right to request erasure, the right to be informed, the right to object, and the right to access.
Right to erasure- You have the right to request for your personal data to be deleted, especially in cases when you feel that your personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose of AMV-2023.
Right to be informed- You have to right to know what data AMV-2023 collects from you, how AMV-2023 uses it, and for what purpose. You also have the right to be informed of the consequences of not providing personal data or providing false personal data such us not receiving confirmation or update emails, certificates, exclusion from the program details, and others.
Right to object- You have the right to deny use of your personal data under specific circumstances such as:
- Personal data collected without your consent due to public interest or based on legitimate interest requested by AMV-2023 or a third party.
- Personal data to be processed for direct marketing purposes.
- Personal data to be processed for scientific or statistical research purposes. Personal data to be processed for scientific or statistical research purposes. Right to access- You have the right to request access to your personal data and its copy as submitted to AMV-2023.
If you created a AMV account, your information will be kept in the AMV system for 2 years or otherwise as instructed by the chair of AMV. Your information will not be used for other purposes.
All personal data is stored on a secure server, and technical and organizational measures are observed the safety of the data. The data is stored in a secured physical storage room, provided with adequate power supply, battery-system, back-up generators, air- conditioning, fire detection and extinguishers, and advanced access control.
AMV-2023 has also established a personal data protection policy to be announced throughout the organization with guidelines to ensure security in the collection, use and disclosure of personal data by maintaining Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability.
8. Processors/third parties
All members of the AMV-2023 Secretariat Committee have access to the database with personal data controlled by AMV-2023 Office.
Personal data is only shared with processors and/or third parties if this is necessary to carry out services. We share personal data with:
- Our conference management service providers and other partners such as hotels in order to be able to organize the sessions, accommodation reservation, and others.
- Virtual platform providers to facilitate online sessions for speakers
- AMV-2023 committee members to review applications for abstracts, symposia proposals etc.
- Our IT provider in order to be able to store and access the data.
If we share your personal information with a processor, we make sure the processor complies with the PDPA by signing processing agreements.
Other third parties have no access to personal data
9. Responsibilities and Liabilities under the PDPA
AMV-2023 has assigned only authorized personnel to be involved in the collection, use and disclosure of the data. AMV-2023 proceeds to ensure that the staff strictly complies with this execution under PDPA.
10. Will AMV-2023 rectify or revise this Policy?
AMV-2023 may consider rectifying, revising or changing this Policy as deemed appropriate and permitted by law. In case of rectification or revision of, or change in this Policy, AMV-2023 will announce the current policy on AMV-2023 website at www.amv2023.com
11. How can you contact AMV-2023 and the data protection officer?
If you have any suggestions or would like to inquire about information regarding details of the collection, use and / or disclosure of your personal data including exercising your rights under this Policy, you can contact AMV-2023 at [email protected] Tel.0-2942-8350
Address : Department of Entomology, Faculty of Agriculture, Kasetsart University, 50 Ngam Wong Wan Rd., Lat Yao, Chatuchak, Bangkok 10900, Thailand